To promote through maritime policy development an efficient, safe, secure and competitive operating environment for maritime transport, including maritime auxiliary services, in the APEC region;
To increase ports’ capacity by improving the efficiency of ports and related activities in the APEC region;
To assist member economies in working towards the Bogor Goals in maritime transport;
To support member Economies in working cooperatively to develop and implement measures to strengthen maritime security in the APEC Region;
To achieve environmentally friendly development, safe shipping practice and protection of the marine environment.
Chair: Mr Takeshi Nakazaki, Japan ,Since Sep 2013
Deputy Chair: Mr.Tony Padilla, USA, Since Sep 2013
- Maritime Security Sub-group (MEG-SEC):
- APEC Port Services Network Sub-group :
- Secretary General: Mr Fei Weijun, China ,Since 2012
- Council President: Mr Tim Meisner, Canada , Since 2012
* Kindly inform us of any changes/corrections.
This page was last updated on 23 May, 2014